Study group registration for Fall 2022 will begin on Monday, September 12 at 12:00pm.
- 146:356 - Systems Physiology
- 160:307 - Organic Chemistry I
- 160:308 - Organic Chemistry II
- 198:111 - Introduction to Computer Science
- 198:112 - Data Structures
- 640:111 - Precalculus Part I
- 640:115 - Precalculus College Math
- 640:135 - Calculus I Life and Social Sciences
- 640:151 - Calculus I Math and Physical Sciences
- 640:152 - Calculus II Math and Physical Sciences
- 830:340 - Abnormal Psychology
- 960:212 - Statistics II
- 115:403 - General Biochemistry
- 680:390 - General Microbiology
- 155:303 - Transport Phenomena I in Chemical Engineering
- 155:307 - Computational Methods in Chemical Engineering
The Learning Centers offer FREE study groups through the Learning Assistant (LA) Program.
- Study group leaders review course material with students and integrate study strategies—note taking, problem solving, and test preparation—that link course content with cognitive skill development.
- Study group leaders are trained and supervised Rutgers students selected by the course professor; study group leaders are not course instructors and are present only to facilitate a study session.
- Study groups are non-credit (they do not appear on your transcript) and students should plan to attend every week. Two absences are allowed; after that, students are at risk for being removed from the study group to be fair to students on our waitlists.
Study Group Participants:
- earn higher average final course grades than if they simply studied alone
- are more actively involved in the course
- have a better understanding of course material
- acquire effective learning strategies
- earn higher grades in the course than students in the same course who do not attend the study group sessions.
Study groups will begin on Tuesday, September 20 and end on Wednesday, December 14 this semester. Study groups will be run both online and in-person and meet once a week for 80 minutes. *Study group times are subject to change.
Accessing online Study Groups: The Learning Centers are partnering with Penji to provide a simple mobile experience for connecting with Learning Assistants (they will be labeled as tutors on the Penji). Online Fall 2022 study group sessions will take place through Penji using Zoom. In order to join your study group after registering through the Study Group Registration Website, you will need to create a Penji account. Download Penji on iOS and Android to use on your mobile phone, or use the web version. For instructions on how to create an account with Penji and claim your study group, click here.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Interested in Starting a Study Group On Your Own?
Find out more about how you can effectively create and manage a study group using our Study Group Guide.