Study group registration for Spring 2023 will begin on Tuesday, January 24th at 12:00pm.
- 146:356 - Systems Physiology
- 160:160 - General Chemistry for Engineers
- 160:166 - Extended General Chemistry
- 160:307 - Organic Chemistry I
- 160:308 - Organic Chemistry II
- 198:111 - Introduction to Computer Science
- 198:112 - Data Structures
- 615:391 - Anatomy and Physiology of the Speech Mechanism
- 640:111 - Precalculus Part I
- 640:112 - Precalculus Part II
- 640:115 - Precalculus College Math
- 640:135 - Calculus I Life and Social Sciences
- 640:151 - Calculus I Math and Physical Sciences
- 640:152 - Calculus II Math and Physical Sciences
- 830:123 - Soul Beliefs
- 830:340 - Abnormal Psychology
- 960:212 - Statistics II
- 115:404 - General Biochemistry
- 680:390 - General Microbiology
- 155:210 - Biological Foundations of Chemical Engineering
- 155:303 - Transport Phenomena I in Chemical Engineering
- 155:341 - Chemical Engineering Kinetics
The Learning Centers offer FREE study groups through the Learning Assistant (LA) Program.
- Study group leaders review course material with students and integrate study strategies—note taking, problem solving, and test preparation—that link course content with cognitive skill development.
- Study group leaders are trained and supervised Rutgers students selected by the course professor; study group leaders are not course instructors and are present only to facilitate a study session.
- Study groups are non-credit (they do not appear on your transcript) and students should plan to attend every week. Two absences are allowed; after that, students are at risk for being removed from the study group to be fair to students on our waitlists.
Study Group Participants:
- earn higher average final course grades than if they simply studied alone
- are more actively involved in the course
- have a better understanding of course material
- acquire effective learning strategies
- earn higher grades in the course than students in the same course who do not attend the study group sessions.
Study groups will begin on Tuesday, January 31 and end on Monday, May 1 this semester. Study groups will be run both online and in-person and meet once a week for 80 minutes. *Study group times are subject to change.
Accessing online Study Groups: The Learning Centers are partnering with Penji to provide a simple mobile experience for connecting with Learning Assistants (they will be labeled as tutors on the Penji). Online study group sessions will take place through Penji using Zoom. In order to join your study group after registering through the Study Group Registration Website, you will need to connect to your Penji account to access our services; this is how you will find and schedule Learning Center services online. Log in to Penji using your NetID and password. You can download Penji on iOS and Android to use on your mobile phone, or use the web version to access these services.
Once you activate your account, you will see a list of communities. Each community is a different service available to you. You can join as many communities as are available and find tutoring, academic coaching, writing support, and study groups there. All Learning Center services have "LC" in front of their names and are free and available to all RU-NB students. Please see the instructions below for how to connect with each service using our new platform.
For instructions on how to personalize you Penji, click here.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Interested in Starting a Study Group On Your Own?
Please email email@example.com or use our Student Request Form to request support and training in forming your group.
Find out more about how you can effectively create and manage a study group using our Study Group Guide.