Note: Tutor schedules will be updated beginning on Tuesday, January 19th and hours will continue to be added throughout the first few weeks of the semester as tutors finalize their schedules.
The Learning Centers offer FREE subject-specific tutoring to assist Rutgers students with their coursework. We seek to promote a collaborative academic environment where students, faculty, and tutors work together to enhance students' academic and personal growth. Tutoring is available in two formats: Drop-in tutoring through the Learning Centers and One-on-One tutoring in partnership with the SAS Honors Program.
During the Spring 2021 Semester, all Learning Center services will be offered online.
Set up your Penji account to access our services.
Our peer leaders and coaches will be using Zoom to provide services online and Penji to schedule those services. If you have not done so already, it is best to create a Rutgers Zoom account to make sure you can easily access meetings held via Zoom and help us maintain a secure online environment. As programs and courses across the University use Zoom more frequently, it's best to do this to ensure you don't have any connection problems.
You will also need to create a Penji account; this is how you will find and schedule Learning Center services online. Navigate to https://web.penjiapp.com and use your Rutgers email address to create an account. Once you do, you will see a list of communities. Each community is a different service available to you. You can join as many communities as are available. Please see the instructions below for how to connect with tutoring using our new platform.
How to Access Drop-In Tutoring
- Create a Penji account using your Rutgers email to get started. You can view our introductory video for instructions on how to set up an account and add your courses to Penji.
- Download Penji on iOS and Android to use on your mobile phone, or use the web version to access these services.
- You will need a tablet or computer, preferably with a microphone and camera.
One-on-One Tutoring (offered by the SAS Honors Program)
- Learn about the SAS Honors Program Tutoring Program (open to all students)
- Connect with a tutor through the Penji App and choose the SAS HP Tutoring community to make an appointment.
- One-on-One tutoring appointments will be available beginning the third week of the semester and end the last week of classes (fall and spring semesters only)
- For questions, please contact Dorene Pardun at email@example.com
- SAS Honors Program tutoring will begin January 25th.
The Peer Tutors
The LC tutors are Rutgers undergraduate and occasionally graduate students who have previously taken the course being tutored and have earned a grade of A or B+. The tutors understand the challenges of the course and are eager to share what they have learned to help you to do well in the course. All tutors receive on-going training both in best current tutoring practices and on tutoring strategies relevant to their tutoring discipline.