The Peer Tutoring Program is free and open to all currently enrolled Rutgers University students. We offer tutoring for several introductory courses and some upper-level courses. Tutoring is available in two formats:
- View the Walk-in Tutoring Schedule
- No appointment necessary during scheduled hours
- Located at all four Learning Centers
- Begins first week of classes and ends last day of classes
During the fall, spring and summer session semesters, the Learning Centers offer subject-specific tutoring to assist Rutgers students with their coursework. This FREE service is coordinated by the Learning Center staff. The Learning Centers seek to promote a collaborative academic environment where students, faculty, and tutors work together to enhance students' academic and personal growth. The tutoring program is not only for students who are having difficulty with the course material, but also for students who are looking to excel.
The walk-in group tutoring begins the first week of classes and ends the last day of classes. Limited tutoring is available during the reading days and finals based upon tutor availability.
The Peer Tutors
The RLC tutors are Rutgers undergraduate and occasionally graduate students who have previously taken the course being tutored and have earned a grade of A or B+. The tutors understand the challenges of the course and are eager to share what they have learned to help you to do well in the course. All tutors receive on-going training both in best current tutoring practices and on tutoring strategies relevant to their tutoring discipline.
- Learn about the SAS Honors Program Tutoring Program (open to all students)
- Schedule a One-on-One Tutoring Appointment
- One-on-One tutoring appointments will be available beginning the third week of the semester and end the last week of classes (fall and spring semesters only)
- For questions, please contact Dorene Pardun at email@example.com