Group & Individual Academic Support
We provide spaces that promote active and collaborative learning, and offer a variety of peer-led academic support services that enhance student success.
- Peer Tutoring is available in two forms. Walk-in group tutoring is available on all campuses and one-on-one tutoring is available through our partnership with the SAS Honors Program.
- Academic Coaching is a comprehensive service for students who want to improve their academic and self-management skills, such as time management, critical thinking, and study skills.
- Writing Tutoring supports writers in a variety of disciplines and a range of courses. Our tutors meet individually with students about brainstorming topics, organizing ideas, formulating a thesis, structuring paragraphs, and developing an argument.
- The Learning Assistant Program engages undergraduates in teaching and learning by placing students in lectures, labs, recitations, and study groups to facilitate active and collaborative learning.
- Review Sessions are offered at the Learning Centers before exams and throughout the semester. These will be posted on our event calendar.
- Study groups are led by trained peer leaders, and offer an opportunity for students to work with each other to review course material and learn study strategies—note taking, problem solving, and test preparation—that link course content with cognitive skill development.
- Academic Success Workshops are available for student groups or university programs. These workshops address academic skills such as study strategies and time management.