Work for Us
There are many ways you can get involved in helping your peers to succeed. You can visit our employment opportunities page to find out more about the leadership opportunities we provide and to access our online application forms.
Why Should You Work with Us?
Reason #1 - You get leadership training & professional development opportunities.
Our tutors, study group leaders, academic coaches, and learning assistants are trained in learning theory, leadership and communication skills, and professionalism. If you work for us, you will have the opportunity to participate in a combination of the following professional development opportunities:
- Three-credit pedagogy course
- Individualized evaluation and coaching programs
- Inter-departmental training seminars
- Ongoing paraprofessional development workshops
- Training sessions with professors in your field
Reason #2 - We offer flexible hours.
We know that your schedule is busy and we want you to succeed in your courses and as a peer leader, so we offer flexible hours that can work around your course schedule.
Reason #3 - You learn more.
One of the best ways to gain a deeper understanding of the material you are studying is to teach it to others. By helping your peers to learn the material, you help yourself to solidify, expand, and retain your knowledge of the subject too!
What have students said about working for the Learning Centers?
- Working as a study group leader has “Improved my leadership and communication skills, and have become a better planner and organizer.”
- “Being an LA [Learning Assistant] was extremely enjoyable. I loved the job, every single aspect of it.”
- “Working for the RLC is the best job on campus. You get paid to help other students succeed and it forces you to stay sharp in the early classes in your major that help you with the harder classes. You also gain valuable communication and people skills while working with other students.”
- “I like working for the RLCs because it gives me the opportunity to help students become academically successful while at Rutgers. Being able to help others is the greatest gift that anyone can give.”
- “The learning center is a wonderful place to be a part of because it is rare to find not only a positive learning environment, but with so many wonderful individuals that have the dedication and passion to improve and assist others.”