Apply Now to get involved in helping your peers to succeed and take advantage of leadership opportunities.
Participate in leadership training & professional development opportunities.
Our tutors, study group leaders, academic coaches, writing coaches, and learning assistants are trained in learning theory, leadership and communication skills, and professionalism. If you work for us, you will have the opportunity to participate in a combination of the following professional development opportunities:
- Three-credit pedagogy course
- Individualized evaluation and coaching programs
- Inter-departmental training seminars
- Ongoing professional development workshops
- Training sessions with professors in your field
Work flexible hours.
We know that your schedule is busy and we want you to succeed in your courses and as a peer leader. Therefore, we offer flexible hours that can work around your course schedule.
Develop deeper knowledge in your field.
One of the best ways to gain a deeper understanding of the material you are studying is to teach it to others. By helping your peers to learn the material, you help yourself to solidify, expand, and retain your knowledge of the subject too!
- Working as a study group leader has “Improved my leadership and communication skills, and have become a better planner and organizer.”
- “Being an LA [Learning Assistant] was extremely enjoyable. I loved the job, every single aspect of it.”
- “Working for the LC is the best job on campus. You get paid to help other students succeed and it forces you to stay sharp in the early classes in your major that help you with the harder classes. You also gain valuable communication and people skills while working with other students.”
- “I like working for the LCs because it gives me the opportunity to help students become academically successful while at Rutgers. Being able to help others is the greatest gift that anyone can give.”
- “The learning center is a wonderful place to be a part of because it is rare to find not only a positive learning environment, but with so many wonderful individuals that have the dedication and passion to improve and assist others.”