Online Writing Coaching
You can attach and send your paper to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once a writing coach receives and reviews your paper, you will receive an email with a completed rubric and feedback guide containing the coach's comments.
Please allow some lead time when submitting your paper. A writing coach will review and provide feedback on your paper within 72 hours.
Questions? Please contact Shawn Taylor at 848-932-1662 or email@example.com
Our program supports writers in a variety of disciplines and a range of courses. Our coaches meet individually with students about:
- brainstorming topics
- organizing ideas
- formulating a thesis
- structuring paragraphs
- developing an argument
The RLC writing coaches do not provide tutoring for Writing Program courses (including Expository Writing and Basic Composition). These courses are supported by the Writing Centers, where students can meet with tutors who work closely with the Writing Program courses. Please visit the Writing Centers' website to learn more about their programs and sign up for tutoring.
While our coaches do not proofread or edit papers, they do provide feedback and suggestions on how to write concise sentences, coherent paragraphs, and a well-organized paper. Our coaches also work with non-native speakers of English.
Citation Style Guides
- APA Style Quick Reference: http://www.apastyle.org/learn/faqs/index.aspx
- Karla Tonella's Guide to Citation Style Guides: bailiwick.lib.uiowa.edu/journalism/cite.html
- The Online Writing Lab at Purdue: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/
Grammar and Usage
- The University of Chicago Writing Program: http://writing-program.uchicago.edu/
- Discussion Groups on English grammar, usage, and style: http://englishforums.com/
- Practical advice for writers in technical fields: http://www.writing.engr.psu.edu/
- Jack Lynch's Guide to Grammar and Style: http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/Writing/
- The Plagiarism Spectrum: http://turnitin.com/assets/en_us/media/plagiarism_spectrum.php
- Plagiarism & Academic Integrity Information: http://academicintegrity.rutgers.edu/