The Learning Centers offer academic and self-management skills workshops that are open to all Rutgers students. Our workshops are available to individual students, student groups, university organizations, and courses.
Our most popular workshop topics are offered through the Academic Success Series, which is facilitated each semester. This is a series of workshops that address topics such as:
- Plan Your Success - Learn how to set goals, determine priorities, and make a plan that will help you to maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
- Study Smarter, Not Harder - Get more out of your study sessions by ensuring they are purposeful, planned, active and reflective. Make connections and understand material by incorporating multiple strategies for organizing information like creating visual aids and study guides.
- Read to Succeed - Develop effective reading strategies to help you learn more from your textbooks & assigned readings.
- Master Your Mind: Metacognition - Learn metacognitive strategies to take control of your own learning.
- Focus, Concentrate & Stay Motivated - Learn techniques to improve focus, concentration, motivation, and memory.
- Back On Track - Learn strategies to get organized, set priorities and make a plan to catch up and get back on track.
- Take Tests at Your Best - Conquer test anxiety and learn strategies for preparing for and taking exams.
- Less Stress, More Success - Develop strategies for managing academic and non-academic needs to promote physical and emotional well-being while improving ac
Other Sample Workshop Topics
- Finals Prep Workshops, GRE Prep Workshops, MCAT Prep Workshops, Breaking the Box: Critical Thinking for College and Beyond, Communication Skills, How to Succeed in a Lecture Course, How to Study for the Sciences, Keep Your Eye on the Syllabi!, Presentation Skills, Professionalism, RU A Successful Student?, Taking Tests at Your Best and Time Management .
Registering for Academic Skills Workshops
To register for upcoming workshops, visit our events page.
If you are a student and would like to request a workshop for your group, please complete this Student Request Form.